A game of golf can be equally exciting and frustrating at the same time. Many times, you will have some great shots, also, you will have some terrible shots. To no small extent, your irons influence the quality of your shots and consequently, your game. Of course, you will require a set of golf clubs that match your level of experience as well as style of play. This is why we have compiled a list of the 10 best iron sets on the market, highlighting their strong points.
Best classic Irons: Mizuno MP-20 MB Irons, 3-PW
The Mizuno MP-20 MB Irons have a legendary feel and feedback. These masterfully crafted irons were designed with a modern take on a classic style that has stood the test of time. The Mizuno Mp20 irons are made from forged steel, with a soft copper plating and nickel-chrome finish. The result is a true-feeling iron, the likes of which are the best in the world. You will enjoy a smooth feel at impact thanks to the clubface and overall size of these irons. The Tungsten weighting gets shots in the air effortlessly. Errant shots are history with this set of seven irons and one wedge. This classic iron set competes quite favorably with other iron sets from the best brands in the world.
Best Junior Set: Callaway Boys XJ Hot Junior Set
Before you can teach your little ones to play golf, you need to find them a good set of irons for juniors. As you may have figured out, your regular sized golf clubs will prove challenging for them, hence, the best option is to shop for a set of great Junior set of irons for them.
The Callaway BoysXJ Hot Junior set is a seven-club set that will prove invaluable for both boys and girls that have exceeded a height of 53 inches. The set contains one Fairwood iron, a large titanium driver, two irons, one hybrid, a putter, and a sand wedge. For convenience, it also has a rain hood, all packed in a kickstand carry bag. This set was designed specifically for your golfers to get the best start to the game while they continually improve their accuracy and distance. A good start to golfing can lay the foundation for lifelong hobby parents can share with their children.
BEST PLAYER'S IRONS: Titleist AP3 718 Steel Iron Set, 4-PW
Described as irons that “have it all” by Men’s health some years ago, the updated Titleist 718 AP3 irons offer golfers a combination of consistency, control, and distance. It also has a stunning black steel shaft adding visual appeal to its perks. The set contains six irons and two wedges, it is more suited to serious golfers that may find the AP2 irons too compact. The Ap3 irons have a sweet spot as well as a larger clubface without feeling oversized or bulky hence they are more forgiving.
BEST COMPLETE BUDGET SET FOR MEN: Wilson Golf Profile Platinum Complete Package Set
Best suited to weekend golfers shopping on a budget for good quality at an affordable price tag, the Wilson Golf Profile Platinum Complete Package Set offers a pleasant surprise. It has 10 clubs: an oversized driver, fairway wood, forgiving 5-hybrid amongst others. The mid irons in this set feature a stainless steel shaft and clubface. It also has an en weight distribution from heel to toe, making downswings faster. What’s more, the putter also carries an alignment aid to provide confidence for putter shots. The total affordable package is lightweight and loaded with lots of performance features.
BEST BUDGET SET FOR WOMEN: Aspire XD1 Women's Golf Clubs Complete Set
As your game gets better, renting and borrowing golf clubs will become illogical and tiring. The Aspire XD1 Women's Golf Clubs Complete Set is perfect for women looking to get their own set of irons on a budget. This set contains everything you would need for a typical round on the golf course. With this set, you will be getting a full titanium driver, equipped with a huge sweet spot. You will also get a fairway wood, 6-9 irons, a hybrid, a putter and pitching wedge. The set comes in an included dual-strap bag, equipped with a kickstand. Aspire recognizes that women are of varying sizes, so the XD1 women’s complete set comes in variations for both tall and petite ladies.
BEST FORGED IRONS: Callaway Apex 19 Irons, 4-PW
For the category of forged irons, we chose Callaway’s Apex 19. These irons are so good that they got all 20 stars on Golf Digest Hot List. They are made for frequent golfers with average handicaps that need a few extra yards on their shots. These clubs are made from mild carbon steel wrapped in an outer layer of carbon. It provides players with an incredibly soft feeling. It also features additional dampening technology which minimizes the occasional mishit-induced vibrations. With Callaway’s face cup technology, players can enjoy optimum ball launch as well as distance without sacrificing ball control.
BEST GRAPHITE SET FOR WOMEN: Wilson Women's Profile SGI Complete Golf Club Set
The Wilson Women's Profile SGI Complete Golf Club Set is perfect for beginners looking for an affordable, yet distance yielding set. This set is ready for the golf course straight out of the box. It comes complete with all the necessary equipment for a round on the links. Designed specifically for women players with lightweight graphite shafts (except the putter) and women's sized soft, all weather grips. High-lofted driver has a large sweet spot and is swing speed matched to improve ball flight for greater distance. Lightweight, premium Carry bag features Air Flow adjustable shoulder straps, rugged handle top, numerous pockets and self activating stand.
BEST DISTANCE IRON SET UNDER $900: TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons, 5-PW
From Tiger Wood’s go-to brand, the Sim Max irons can make an amateur player play and feel like the 2019 Masters winner himself. These irons are said to be the longest, highest, and straightest hitting irons from TaylorMade. It is perfect for mid and high handicappers looking for more forgiveness and distance.
- Speed Bridge: Revolutionary Speed Bridge technology strategically supports the topline of the iron to unlock explosive distance and forgiveness with improved sound and feel
- ECHO Damping System: Designed with energy channeling geometry to quickly eliminate harsh vibrations at impact delivering better feel without sacrificing face flexibility
- Speed Pocket: Patented TaylorMade technology engineered to maximize face flexibility for increased ball speed and forgiveness on low face strikes
- Ultra Thin Face: Ultra thin 1. 5mm face design with Progressive Inverted Cone Technology delivers extreme ball speed across the face with an enhanced sweet spot designed to promote a straighter ball flight
- Progressive Inverted Cone Technology: Inverted Cone Technology (ICT) is now uniquely positioned on each iron face to both increase the sweet spot and minimize side spin on mishits promoting a straighter ball flight
BEST GAME-IMPROVING IRONS: Callaway Big Bertha Iron Set, 5-PW
An iconic name when it comes to golf clubs, Big Bertha dates as far back as 1991 with its first driver. Over the years, Big Bertha has evolved and consistently led the league. Golf digest labeled these irons as “super-game improving” irons, making them perfect for higher handicap golfers who require no small amount of help. The 5-PW set combines stunning visual appeal with fully loaded features. The clubhead features one of the biggest sweet spots for golfers with limited skills to hit more confidently.
BEST-SELLING CLUB SET: Strata 16-Club Men's Complete Golf Club Set
This 16-club set is the perfect entry-level golf club set from Strata. It is perfect for golfers in need of all the essentials, ready to swing from a reputable brand at an affordable cost. It comes in a lightweight stand bag, complete with a driver, putter, pitching wedge, six irons, 5-hybrid, and a 3-wood. The driver is equipped with an oversized head and sweet spot that can be compared to more pricey clubs.
- Strata Ultimate is designed for ultimate distance and ultimate performance; This set includes: driver, 3 wood, 4 and 5 Hybrid, 6 to 9 Iron, PW and SW, Putter, Stand Bag, 4 Head covers
- Woods: Full titanium golf driver gives you a large sweet spot and more forgiveness to bomb it off the tee. A very forgiving 3 wood built for long, high flying shots in a more aerodynamic head shape
- Hybrids: The 4 and 5 hybrids are great alternatives to long irons, so you can play with more confidence on a variety of shots
- Irons/Wedges: Irons have high flight technology that delivers distance, forgiveness, and control from stainless steel
- Putter: Precise face milling on the putter is designed for better accuracy and distance control to help you sink more putts
- Stand Bag: Lightweight, durable bag combines a cool authentic look, convenient pockets, and an easy to carry back strap